ISNA Members Vote to Adopt Bylaw Amendments
We are excited and honored to announce that in an almost unanimous vote, the general body of ISNA has voted to adopt the proposed amendments to the Bylaws/Constitution of the organization. “While this is a turning point for the organization, we remain grateful and indebted to the dedicated commitment and service of generations of leaders and organizations who fostered the organization to what it is today,” said ISNA President Azhar Azeez.
The newly adopted amendments become effective on January 1, 2018. For additional information about the bylaws, please visit: www.isna.net/bylaws
We would like to thank the Majlis and Executive Council members listed below, who, as a result of the approved bylaws, will conclude their service on December 31, 2017:
- Sohel Anwar – Association of Muslim Scientists, Engineers & Technology Professionals
- Sana Baban – Muslim Youth of North America
- Kenan Basha – Muslim Students Association of the US & Canada
- Mohamed Bekkari – Canadian Islamic Trust Foundation
- Imran Qureshi – Islamic Medical Association of North America
- Muzammil Siddiqi – North American Islamic Trust
- Safaa Zarzour – Council of Islamic Schools in North America
- Safiah Chowdhury – House of Community Representatives (Ontario)
- Faizul Khan – House of Community Representatives (Maryland)
- Muhammad Farooq Malik – House of Community Representatives (Texas)
- Ahmed Quereshi – House of Community Representatives (Wisconsin)
- Abdul Hamid Samra – House of Community Representatives (Florida)
- Ahmed Shaikh – Executive Council, West Zone
- Lubabah Abdullah – Executive Council, Central Zone
- Farhan Syed – Executive Council, East Zone
- Mohamed Hagmagid Ali – Executive Council, Past President
In a statement, ISNA Vice President and chair of the Strategic Reorganization and Planning Committee (SRPC) Dr. Altaf Husain said:
“The adoption of the proposed amendments is a historic and momentous milestone. Having addressed governance reforms, we turn our attention next to operations and, in particular, the search for an Executive Director.”
Thank you for your dedication and commitment to support us as we continually improve ISNA to best serve the community for generations to come, inshAllah.
We could not have reached this historic moment without you!