No products in the cart.
Being Muslim in the West appears to be perceived as a ‘one size fits all’ problematic. This hackathon is an opportunity for creative problem solvers in the Muslim community to sit down and hack an idea! You can work on any project that either solves a problem or creates an opportunity for the Muslim community in North America.How many ideas you had and thought they would benefit Muslims in the west, but never had the time for it? Come to a weekend of creativity and innovation, the Hackathon organized by Ummah Technology. All skill levels are welcome! We need a wide variety of skills and perspectives to create positive change. We will have experts from our community onsite to assist with your development.
How it works:
- Identify a problem/missed opportunity for Muslims
- Create a group and work on a solution
- Present your creative solution (web or app) to a panel of judges
You Bring..Your laptop, skills & ideas. Come with a collaborative, team focused mindset and/or team up in advance on Twitter/Facebook/ with #ISNAHack18. Whether you are a developer, designer, project manager, or just interested in tech, you are invited to attend this event. Every group needs a good balance of talent and your skills are needed!
Location: GRB Convention Center Level 3 – 380 CD 10:00am – 12:30pm
Schedule Sep 2, 2018: 10:00AM to 5:00PM (Day #1)
- 10:00AM – Door Open. Registration. Get to know fellow attendees and start forming teams.
- 10:15AM – 5PM (Hacking Starts !)
- 5:00PM – (Convention Center Room closes – But coding continues overnight)
Sep 3, 2018: 10:00AM to 12:00Noon (Day #2)
- 10:00AM – Hands off keyboards, CODE FREEZE!!!
- 10:15AM – Team Presentation. Pitches start promptly with a limited time slot. Please be sure to begin by focusing on your demo to ensure you have time to show what you have built.
- 11:45AM – Winners Announcement & Prize Distribution
Judging Criteria Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly:
- 33% Weight – Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight – Originality of idea
- 33% Weight – Technically creative and/or challenging implementation